Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Aspel and CD-ROM

From: trimm@netcom.com (Trimm Industries)
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1993 23:40:26 GMT
Subject: Re: Aspel and CD-ROM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <C8L04K.Iw@exnet.co.uk> s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk (P D Fitzgerald-Morris) writes:
>Regarding the gaffa-archive CD-ROM, I see reference to "the HOMEGROUND
>archives" which are invited for inclusion. I'm not sure what is meant here.
>HOMEGROUND has only recently been prepared on word processor. There
>is very little on disc. The only stuff I have begun to retype is the
>"Five Years Ago" series, and progress is pretty slow since I have little
>time for that work. Clarification from the proponents of the idea please!

Would it be feasable to use an OCR package with a scanner to import the
Homeground pages?  Or maybe, just make them into .gif files?

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone talked about how the publishers
of a Kate CD were going to get the copyright permissions to include
things like lyrics and copyrighted album covers?  Or is this to be
a massively technical boot?

BTW, we may be getting a CD mastering system here in the next 12 months
or so, if no one else has access to one.

Gary Watson
Electronic Engineer
Trimm Industries
trimm@netcom.com