Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

help w/H. Rhodes

From: jlburk01@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1993 00:02:11 GMT
Subject: help w/H. Rhodes
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@hermes.louisville.edu (Netnews)

Hi there!  I want some advice concerning Happy Rhodes.  I've never heard
anything by her but, from what I've heard, giving her music a listen is an
absolute must!  Anyway, although the music store I work in, in many peoples'
humble opinions:), has the best selection of music (especially imports)in KY,
we haven't imported anything by Happy Rhodes.  I'm going to take a chance and
order a recording of hers.  My question: which one would be the best to
"introduce" me to her music?  In case this helps, my fave Kate recordings are
"The Dreaming" and "Hounds of Love" though I do love them all:)...I also like
Siouxsie, Curve, Throwing Muses (just to name a VERY few).  Anyway, this should
give you an idea where I'm coming from:) This could actually "introduce" her to
MANY people here in Louisville!:):)
BTW, I'm having some trouble w/my mail so it may be awhile before I can
respond...please bear with me:)
		Thanks alot and I really appreciate all help!
				Jill
				jlburk01@ulkyvx.louisville.edu
"The beauty of a dream is you don't let it go,
	you don't ever let go."
				--Thomas Dolby "Beauty of a Dream"