Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reformatting Gaffa archives..

From: Richard J Frost <rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 93 08:37:01 +0900
Subject: Reformatting Gaffa archives..
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

People were mentioning reformatting the archives. How about writing a
program (ie. in Perl code) to do alot of the manual work.

I think a STANDARD ASCII format should be used, but one that can be
quickly searched by software. Designed similar to an extended mail
message. Where fields at the top of the information classify the
contents of the message in some standard (and compact) way.

I suggest we have a request for discussion on a classification
methods of gaffa articles.

You could apply rich regular expressions to search out articles on
a various subjects.

I'd be willing to help.

    Richard Frost    |   rfrost@jrc.flinders.edu.au   | Ph: +61 8 201 3651

      _--_|\     ___ _   _       CSIRO / Flinders Joint Research Centre
     /      \     / /_) / `           in Information Technology.
           v                          Adelaide, SOUTH AUSTRALIA