Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Discography

From: jbroz@access.digex.net (Joe Broz)
Date: 6 Jun 1993 19:10:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Discography
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0o1X7P-000Nh3C@zoodle.robin.de> uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) writes:
>Chris says:
>> [CD-ROM idea discussion:]
>
>Yeah - would be great. There is a CD ROM format that is generally digestable,
>but I dunno its name @the.moment. I think there's THAT much room on such
>a CD that we could bring other mailing lists archives on it too. I think
>of Ecto and rdt, in particular.
>
>> > [file format:]
>>    I'll start checking out the tools used to create Windows "Help"
>> files. It seems to be an OK semi-hypertext format.
>

>The real problem is that not everyone has Windows (e.g. me) and that this
>way (as with the other ways) not everyone could do something with it. But
>again - there's that much room on a CD-ROM that we could do it in several
>formats.
>
>Bye,
>
>Uli

I believe Microsoft sells a Windows Help file "compiler" though I don't
know if it is sold as a separate item. I think it comes with the Windows
SDK and the Pro version of Visual Basic, if I'm not mistaken. And in regard
to your first post with this subject I don't think files compiled with
this system will run outside Windows.

-- Joe
jbroz@access.digex.com