Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm back/KaTe vinyl

From: Dick Locke <wiltel!dlocke@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 12:18:05 -0500
Subject: I'm back/KaTe vinyl
To: uunet!love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, uunet!ns1.rutgers.edu!ecto@uunet.UU.NET

Greetings,

I'm back from my trip to San Francisco, and a fine trip it was.  Not only
did I enjoy the business aspects of the trip (I attended the NeXT Expo --
any other gaffa'ns go?), but I also found mass quantities of good vinyl
for cheap.

Kate fans might be interested in that I bought two more copies of
The Kick Inside, one being (what I think is) the UK release with the
oriental-ish writing and Kate suspended in air, and the other being
the original US release with a head shot.  Both are basically mint and
you would be sick to know how little I paid for 'em ;-)

Among other cool finds were stuff by Joan Armatrading, Phranc, Joni Mitchell,
Roches, Nina Hagen, Kim Carnes, This Mortal Coil, Marianne Faithful,
Dead Can Dance, & Renaissance.  I hit Amoeba and Rasputin's in Berkeley
(thanks for the recommendation Jon D.), as well as the shops on Haight
and the Streetlight near Noe (thanks Mark/Jon/Peter).  I checked the
Kate bins in all the stores, and the selections tended to be weak with a
few high priced and questionable quality 12" singles and a few beat up
copies of HOL being typical (I saw a couple of the marble vinyl versions
of that in so-so condition for $20.)  I've been a Kate record collector
for quite a while, and nice copies of her stuff is just hard to
find/expensive!

By the way, I have been looking for a McGarrigles album,
"Love Over and Over", for quite a while.  If anyone has a copy I'd
appreciated it if you could drop me some mail and maybe we can work
something out.  Indeed, I'm looking for vinyl items too numerous to
list here, so if you're into buying/selling/trading vinyl you should
definitely drop me a line.

-Dick Locke
email: dlocke@atg.wiltel.com -or- uunet!wiltel!dlocke