Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori Amos interview in Keyboardist (sp?)

From: pages!bigdog!jon@uunet.UU.NET (Jon Wright)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1993 18:52:03 GMT
Subject: Tori Amos interview in Keyboardist (sp?)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: pages!jwright@uunet.UU.NET

Noticed while browsing a newstand that a snooty keyboard magazine geared
towards classicist's that Tori was interviewed on her life and transition from
classical training to pop stardom.  I think the name is either Composer or
Keyboardist or Classical Piano or something, sorry I didn't remember it's
title.  It is this month's issue.

Interesting note:  She described one of her favorite pianos and how she went to
the factory where it was hand-made.  She said that the men who carved the
instrument were so into their craft that they had pictures of nude women
displayed everywhere so that their handiwork would reflect the curves and
sensuousness of a woman.  Tori remarked that every piano was imbued with the
thoughts and emotions of the person working on it at the time -- some had to be
hit harder and others stroked to deliver the "right" sounds.

Interesting reading, at least this part.