Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 08:57 MET DST
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting
To: oscar@maths.tcd.ie, love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, jbroz@access.digex.net

> jbroz@access.digex.net (Joe Broz) writes:
>

> >My questions are:
>

> >Can anyone tell me the name of the tape?

It first came out on the video tape 'The Hair of the Hound', but the whole
'Hair of the Hound' tape is included on 'The Whole Story' video tape.

> >And, has that version of the song been released on tape or CD? I liked it
> >better than the Hounds of Love version.

'The Whole Story' is availlable on Laser Disc. 'The Hair...' might be too,
but I don't know.

> There is a different version from the HoL version included
> in the "This Woman's Work" collection (about IR100--~$150
> if you can find it--a sniiip! and cheap at the price) called
> the "Orgonon Mix"--this is probably the version you mean.
> Haven't heard it, myself.
> sniff.

Yes and no. There is a different version of Cloudbusting on TWW, but that's
the 12 inch remix called, as you said, "Orgonon Mix". The version of the video
is another one, not a 'remix' but rather an extended version.

As far as I know it was not released on official vinyl, audio-tape or audio CD.
But you can get the good sounding LD or video tape.

Bye,

Uli