Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Club

From: jorn@chinet.chinet.com (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 28 May 1993 06:45:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Club
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Chris writes:
>    It's a shame really. Homeground is run by fans and appears regularly,
> but would benefit from more pictures and professional typesetting.
> The KBC newsletter is run by Kate and her family & friends and appears
> a couple of times a decade. It has *wonderful* color photos by J. C.
> Bush and professional typesetting, but little input from the fans it
> serves.
>    It's a crying shame that the best features of the two haven't been
> combined into one top-notch publication.

(Yeah, I agree, but then it's a crying shame Bosnia and Serbia can't just
be friends, too, eh?  :^)

I'm sure you didn't intend this, Chris, as a criticism of Homeground, and I
*hope* you don't mean it as a criticism of Kate...?  I feel so intensely
that she's going thru trials of her own, these days (er, these *years* :^)
and we need to just send our best good wishes her way...

Nobody feels, do they, that Kate is being lazy and *irresponsible to us*,
by not catering to our ***selfish*** desires to *consume her*?  I think
nobody suffers more sense of worthlessness than an artist who's not
creating, or who's finding that her creative flows have, for now, dwindled
to a trickle.  But the muse is fickle, and all we can do for Kate is *love
her inexhaustibly* for the inexhaustible boons she's already granted!

jorn
(NfE 2nite!)