Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Club

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 11:49 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Club
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Chris here,

In article <F1u74B3w165w@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us> Leslie writes:
>Is anyone else out there a member of the British Kate Bush Fan Club?  I
>have received one issue of their magazine but its been a LOOOOONG time
>since I've heard anything else.  I realize that they release stuff only
>when Kate has a new CD but I was just wondering if any news has
>trickled down from them.  Anyone know if they have a Fax number?

   The KBC is basically moribund. Kate's old friend Lisa handled the
correspondence, but Kate was (as near as we can tell) the defacto
editor. Kate never seemed to understand the need for newsletters
between albums, and finally admitted that far too much time passed
between albums to continue asking fans for ~$20.00 US for a yearly
membership that might not produce a *single* newsletter.

   The last information we received implied that we would be informed
when a new newsletter will be released.

   It's a shame really. Homeground is run by fans and appears regularly,
but would benefit from more pictures and professional typesetting.
The KBC newsletter is run by Kate and her family & friends and appears
a couple of times a decade. It has *wonderful* color photos by J. C.
Bush and professional typesetting, but little input from the fans it
serves.

   It's a crying shame that the best features of the two haven't been
combined into one top-notch publication.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)