Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A question...

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 93 15:52:07 -0700
Subject: Re: A question...
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Anders asks:

>Why can't Kate make some such songs with some sad content?
>Her songs are almost always 'out in the space' as it were.
>I mean they doesn't speak directly. (Of course I have nothing to
>say about how Kate Bush performs her miracles, it only that
>it is something I miss from her songs.) Am I alone in this?

Have you heard 'Under the Ivy' or 'This Woman's Work'?  These
songs particularly never fail to choke me up.  'My Lagan Love',
'The Fog', and several others come to mind with decidedly sad
themes as well.  And of course, 'Cloudbusting', as has been
discussed recently, is at least in part concerned with the sad-
ness Peter feels as he helplessly watches his father being taken
away.

Needless to say, these are some of my favorite songs.

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com