Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cloudbusting

From: michael@auck.irl.cri.nz (Michael Rygol)
Date: 19 May 1993 02:08:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Cloudbusting
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

For those that are interested, the Cloudbusting video outside scenes
were shot in the Vale of the White Horse just outside Swindon, not far
from Bristol, England. I haven't ascertained this offically but on a visit
there several years ago, there was a stunning familiarity about the
place. Checking the video when I got home verified my hunch.

For those that get a chance to visit this place it's quite obvious
they made a good job of hiding Swindon in the background. The hillock
on which the Cloudbuster is filmed is actually the corner of a raised
dyke that surrounded an old castle (now gone), or something like that.

FYI, the Vale of the White Horse is the place where an ancient (and
humongous) highly stylised white horse has been etched out of the
surface of the chalk hill and is visible for miles around. Well worth
a visit.
---
Michael Rygol                                   Machine Vision Team,
E-mail: michael@auck.irl.cri.nz                 Industrial Research Ltd
Phone: +64 9 303 4116                           PO Box 2225,
Fax:   +64 9 307 0618                           Auckland, New Zealand