Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth

From: LAECCARD@vaxsar.vassar.edu
Date: 12 May 1993 00:06:15 -0500
Subject: Hello Earth
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I have a burning question that I hope can be answered here:
We are all familiar with the men's choral passage that appears in KT's
"Hello Earth", but does anyone know:  is this something composed by KT? and
if so in what language? or is it an ancient chant?  who sings it?, and why
does it appear without any credit to the singers?  Also, this same chant
appears in Herzog's film "Nosferatu" (also without any credit).
THanks
-Laurie

"For time has imprisoned us in the order of our years, in the discipline of
our ways and in the passing of momentary stillness we can view our chaos in
motion and the subsequent collision of fools well versed in the subtle art
of slavery."
-Dead Can Dance