Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WIP

From: ken@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Ken Saint-John)
Date: Wed, 05 May 1993 16:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: WIP
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

 This falls under "KaTe shows up in the strangest places".

 As anyone who has read r.m.g for any length of time knows I have a
free for the calling BBS up that I call "The Electric Cafe".  Those
who stop by the the cafe will find on the menu a whole slug of
original KaTe Bush gifs/jpgs.  There are two major topics at the Cafe,
one being KaTe the other being my 2nd obsession (obviously I have no
life <g>) the late TV series "Twin Peaks" (I'm a hopeless "Twin Peaks"
fan as are about 75% of my callers).  As with KaTe I have a bunch of
original "Twin Peaks" gifs etc available for download.

  For some time now I have been receiving a "Twin Peaks" fanzine
called "Wrapped In Plastic", WIP a "Win-Mill Inc" production is a very
well done mag with full color covers and some very interesting
articles all related to "Twin Peaks" the actors, story line, David
Lynch etc.  Yesterday I received in the mail issue #4 of WIP as I was
looking it over I noticed a female cartoon character on the back cover
who struck me as looking a little like KaTe, next to the drawing is
printed:

"This incredible Adam Hughes painting of cop extraordinaire Jennifer
Bach appears as a full-color poster in every copy of Windsor #3!"

("Windsor" is another "Win-Mill publication.  The story and art by
 Craig Miller)

  I went back to reading the mag and soon put it out of my mind.  I
noticed in WIP 1/4 page ads and the idea stuck me that it would be
cool to mention "The Electric Cafe BBS" in there mag, I found the
phone number in the credits and soon had Craig Miller who is also one
of the co-editors of WIP on the phone, Craig and I talked about
advertising rates etc for a bit and I mentioned that "Twin Peaks" was
one of the two major topics on the BBS other was "KaTe Bush".  It was
at this point that Craig chuckled and when I asked him why he said "Do
you have issue #4 of WIP in front of you?  Turn it over and look at
the lady on the back, I told the artist I commissioned Adam Hughes to
make her look like (you guessed it) KaTe Bush!!!".  Yup, it turns out
Craig is a BIG KaTe fan :-)

 |                         Saint\X/ohn (Ken)                       |
 |    <ken@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us><{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!ken> |
 |   /\         The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198) v.32bis          |
 |  /  \ /\ "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush. |
 |TwinPeaks\"The Electric Cafe BBS" (+1 805 399 3636) HST/DS.v32bis|
 |/  Fine Dining For The Eyes, Twin Peaks & KaTe Bush GIFs & JPGs. |