Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Garden/Cloudbusting discs; Siberry

From: Angus Furry Rae <asr@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 4 May 93 15:52:56 GMT
Subject: Re: The Garden/Cloudbusting discs; Siberry
To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

chai@utcc.utoronto.ca (Tippi Chai) writes:
>  and
>  after Jane was booed off the stage by Scottish fans when she opened
>  for Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, her outlook on making music
>  was completely changed...

Oh dear... I was there, and if I'd been on that stage I'd probably have
had my outlook altered too. Whoever decided that she should open to a
group of cold people waiting for an Oldfield concert should be shot. Too
quiet, too lyrical, too downright odd - and one thing about Scottish
audiences, they don't hide their feelings. Ex variety people still talk
with awe about the nights they _didn't_ get booed off stage at the
Glasgow Empire.

Any, I was mightily embarressed and annoyed and would like to apologise
to Jane (unlikely as it is that it will ever reach her) for that night.
Some of us clapped, and some went out and bought an album or two. (Well,
I did anyway.)

Aonghas

--
Angus G Rae, the Cuddly Vampire Teddy Bear [asr@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk]
"Let me explain about Genetic Engineering. That's where you take a cell