Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Garden/Cloudbusting discs; Siberry

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1993 10:13:29 GMT
Subject: Re: The Garden/Cloudbusting discs; Siberry
Cc: bjnw@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk, welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In rec.music.gaffa, chai@utcc.utoronto.ca (Tippi Chai) writes:
> 2) I have an interview of Jane Siberry done in January.  I'll send it to
>   the JS mailing list, but woj thinks it may not be working.  If it isn't,
>   I'll post it here.  The synopsis is: Brian Eno produce some tracks from
>   her new album (someone on Ecto sez it'll be out in June); and
>   after Jane was booed off the stage by Scottish fans when she opened
>   for Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, her outlook on making music
>   was completely changed...

I didn't attend this concert at Edinburgh Castle, but according to a friend
who did, the weather was horrible, it was cold, it was wet (it was
Scotland!), and then some woman he had never heard of came on and started
singing about suicide.  These people wanted to be cheered up. Of course,
that's no excuse for booing someone off stage, is it? (I'm sure Brian
didn't take part in the booing.)
;-)

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /