Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Caterwaul

From: dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov (Ed Dambik)
Date: 30 Apr 93 12:09:31 -0600
Subject: Re: Caterwaul
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <J0ZR3B1w165w@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>, nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell) writes:

> We recently got a merchandise catalog from IRS records.   On one page
> they have a listing of cut-outs that they're clearing out for $5 each.
> One of those listed is Caterwaul's _Portent Hue_.

I don't have my tapes handy -- which album has the Mana and Sigh???
or-Something-and-Other <jeez, my memory is SHOT!> song?

> They go on to explain
> that although many cut-outs probably deserve to end up in the cheap
> bins at truck stops, these particular CDs are really very good and
> deserve to be heard.  Right!  So why did they drop them from the label?
> <sigh>

Well, THAT explains why I could only find them in the used record
shops. I thought that maybe they'd gone vactioning too close to
the Bermuda Triangle or something. It's almost like they never
existed...

> If anyone has looked for this but hasn't found it, I can send you the
> info to order it.  $5 plus p&h is probably more than you'll pay at
> your local cut-out bin but at least you'll finally have _Portent
> Hue_, the music that doesn't get soggy in milk.

Post it!  Anything ELSE good in that cut-out list too?!!!!

> Of course, this brings me to my semi-annual request for info on
> Caterwaul and whether they've made any progress on getting another
> record contract...

If you find out, let ME know too. I love this band! Tell 'em to
head over to 4AD...

Ed