Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in the land of Oz-zy?

From: brand@prag.com
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 93 13:32:13 PDT
Subject: Re: Kate in the land of Oz-zy?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Validated.

J.P.Marsh@bradford.ac.uk (JP MARSH) writes:

> brand@prag.com (brand@prag.com) wrote:
> :<< stuff deleted >>
> : *** Kate Koincidence or Strange Phenomena ***
> : Did you ever notice that the title track from Ozzy Ozbourne's
> : album _No_More_Tears_ has an interlude that sounds a lot like
> : the beginning of Kate's _Lord_of_the_Reedy_River_.
> :<< more stuff deleted >>
>
> Ha! but remember Lord of the Reedy River IS NOT a KB song !!
> Jim

You are quite correct!  I THINK the song was written by Donovan,
(trivia buffs to the rescue?!?).  It is ALSO possible that _No_
_More_Tears_ is not an Ozzy song.  The intension of my comment was
to point out that the NMT interlude sounded like Kate's VERSION of
LotRR as opposed to Donovan's (which, BTW, I've never heard).
Thanks for the catch, Jim, but none was needed, (oKay, so I'm just
a LITTLE bit cocky for my third post).  ;^)

"As the people here grow colder, I turn to my computer..." - KB
"He said, 'Meet my computer. He's a friendly son-of-a-gun and we're
        having fun.' " - Klaatu
"All grown up now, workin' for I.B.M." - The Tubes
B^^) B^^) * "...I've never been	  *   She brings us love
B-<  B-<  *     so happy to be    *      and deeper understanding.
B__) B__) *     alive..."  - KB	  *         - BB