Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: alt. vampyres

From: E Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1993 11:53:03 GMT
Subject: Re: alt. vampyres
Newsgroups: alt.books.anne-rice, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

(Cross-posting from alt.books.anne-rice to rec.music.gaffa...)

In alt.books.anne-rice, Ginger (gin@acs2.bu.edu) writes:
>     This soundtrack debate is very interesting and I think the
>      final decision will have a big impact on the movie.  Many of the
>      suggestions sounded good, so good in fact it seems that all should
>      be included, instead of having to pick just one.  Perhaps different
>     singers and groups could all contribute one or two songs relevant to
>     certain scenes in the movie??  Kind of a "Red Hot and Blue" with a twist.
>      And while I am here,  I must put in a plug for Kate Bush,  who could
>      do something very out of the ordinary with "Wuthering Heights" for this
>       soundtrack, IMHO.

Hhmmmm. Wuthering Heights was about ghosts, not vampires. I would have
hoped that she would take the opportunity to come up with something new,
given that we haven't had anything from her for years now. It's just not
good enough KaTe! Annie Lennox brings out albums regularly enough and still
manages to find time to record gorgeous songs for vampire films.

/ Evan Welsh                                    <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk> \
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre               (+44 31 650 5960) /