Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe vs. Belly

From: Bill Young <3CPCXRO@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU>
Date: Monday, 19 Apr 1993 18:10:34 EDT
Subject: KaTe vs. Belly
To: REC-MUSIC-GAFFA@GATECH.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

     Well, last night was a good night for those that like to hear Kate
mentioned on MTV (120 Minutes), but a better night for those that like Belly.
Apparently their album stayed at No. 1 on the US alternative album charts for
the ninth week (not wave), thus breaking the record held by about four other
artists, including Kate.  Oh well, at least she was mentioned, and besides, I'm
sure that her new album will crush all those records, anyways...

     I did notice some airplay of Kate in recent weeks (months) on MTV's 120
Minutes, though.  Last week, they played "Love and Anger" in the first 15
minutes, and a couple months ago I caught the last half of the Wogan version of
"Running Up That Hill."  I remember that quite well.  I was SHOCKED!!!  Kate on
MTV?!/>?  I hadn't seen that since "Love and Anger" first came out!

Bill.