Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe KomiK

From: Gord Locke <glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 93 19:15:33 GMT-3:30
Subject: Re: KaTe KomiK
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (the rec.music.gaffa address)

	Hoo-hah!  The Kate Bush comic was pretty sad.  Instead of crying
over it though, the best thing to do is laugh; laugh at the
poorly-rendered drawings and baaaaad dialogue (especially between "Kate"
and Del -- yuk!)  I didn't find many factual errors, but it certainly
didn't live up to the promo blurb I posted to this group oh, so long
ago:

	ROCK `N' ROLL COMICS #58
	KATE BUSH .......................... $2.50 Amer. / $3.00 Cdn.

	(by Jay Allen Sanford / Marshall Ross & April Lee)
	The fairy princess of rock and an enduring cult favorite.
Little seemed to be known about the ethereal singer's life until
Revolutionary got on the case.  Six months in the making, meticulously
researched and beautifully illustrated, this one promises to be a
perennial seller.  RANDOM COPIES SIGNED BY WRITER AND ARTISTS.

	(Did anyone get one of these random copies?)
	Also, who noticed the page numbers?  TACKY!!
	If anyone has the time or inclination, they should put together
a complete listing of all the errors found in the book.

	P.S.:  There really is no need for all this stupid flaming I've
seen lately!  Just end it before the whole group gets a bad name.
--
          Gord Locke          |   "I caught a glimpse of a god,   |  REDUCE,
   glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca   |      all shining and bright"      |  RE-USE,