Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Unauthorized Live Kate

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (l.l. cool bean)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 93 16:22:43 EDT
Subject: Re: Unauthorized Live Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

rpeck@pure.com (Ray Peck) sez:
>"Feel It Live" was mentioned
>here before, as well.  The posting was a bit ambigious about whether
>this is also the Hammersmith show, and how it relates to the Neutral
>Zone CD.

to my recollection, _feet it_ is yet another hammersmith recording (al-
though the jewel booklet claims that it is a show from amsterdam, careful
listening will reveal otherwise). quality is less than the neutral zone
cd, but much better than _burning desires_. it sounds as if it was mas-
tered from the video itself.

>Finally, Angels On Earth has been mentioned here, but with no track
>listing, and no performance info.  This is Kate and PG, yes?  How
>'bout some more info from someone who has this puppy.

_angels on earth_ is a mono recording of the bbc special KaTe did in 1978.
peter gabriel appears on two tracks: a solo piano rendition of "here comes
the flood" and the duet "another day." quality is good and listenable.
i don't have a set list in front of me, but some of the other highlights
include "egypt" and "ran tan waltz." some of the songs are performed live
and others are lip-synced.

woj