Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Please Tell Me This Isn't A Joke

From: johnz@eaglet.rain.com (John Zimmer)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1993 12:30:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Please Tell Me This Isn't A Joke
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca writes:

>1) Willie Nelson and Sinead O'Connor duetting on P.Gabriel's "Don't Give
>Up"????
>Nooooo.....please keep Sinead away from anything to do with PG...and
>Willie....
>I am speechless,,,

Actually, she was doing the duet with PG himself a year or two ago
for Amnesty, and IMHO doing a serviceable job, if not quite up to the
heavenly standard set by KB -- something Sinead herself alluded to in
an interview I saw (Q magazine?) at the time.  But I *did* just see
CNN's 'Showbiz This Week' wherein was shown a snippet of Willie doing
a VERY country-ized "Don't Give Up" with the assistance of Shawn Colvin,
I think.  *This* I could have done without (much as I like Ms. Colvin).

John Zimmer
johnz@eaglet.rain.com