Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: 3 Apr 1993 14:23:06 -0800
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hmmm.... Talk about "strange phenomena", the coincidences are somewhat amusing:

1) I get to read news the first time in about 2 months
2) About a week ago I finally found a copy of "Warpaint"
3) There is a Happy Rhodes thread in RMG.  OK, so this one ISN'T so weird.
It would be MUCH MORE ODD if someone was actually talking about Kate Bush!

Anyway, I only gave it one listen (so far, due to lack of time), and I am
not impressed.  I don't dislike it, it could grow on me, but it doesn't
have the "grab you by the throat and listen to me AGAIN! NOW!" feel of
other stuff I also recently picked up.

First impression:  Some woman woke up one day and said to herself, "Gee, I
wish I were Tracy Chapman."  I like Tracy Chapman, but if I wanted to listen
to her, I would listen to HER! (In fact, I think I'll do just that when I
get home).

- Stev0 the still cynical after all these years
P.S. Watch this space for a new E-Mail address I'll be able to access more
than once in 2 or 3 months...