Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: plop plop fizzle

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 93 18:26:50 GMT
Subject: Re: plop plop fizzle
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <C4u667.FFB@chinet.chi.il.us> jorn@chinet.chi.il.us (Jorn Barger) writes:

>Tree of Schnopia writes:
>>The problem with a flamewar, as I've recently rediscovered, is that any
>>intelligent discussion takes a backseat to insults once the discussion gets
>>the least bit intense.  This shows that the people involved are too
>>infantile to handle a SERIOUS discussion without regressing to their
>>grade-school days.  This one is really exhibiting that problem.

>Yeah, forgive the part about Van der Waals' forces.   I was re-living my
>infancy...  ;^)

It's actually become rather entertaining, I hate to admit.  I've never had
much respect for the rabid-universal-quantifier type, e.g. Larry S.

>>      "Words Weren't Made For Cowards"--Happy Rhodes

>This seems strangely un-fitting, given your message...?

Well, not really.  My point is that opinions should be stated confidently,
without resorting to insults and wasted words that undermine the argument.
My message above doesn't contradict my quote at all; actually, my message
could be characterized by "Words Weren't Made For Babies."  I'd say you guys
are on the verge of getting petty now, but after reading the most recent
flamefest it looks like you're doing better than I thought.  Just watch out
for name-calling and keep things in DISCUSSION mode, that's all.

>"If you *feel* anything, be brave, come forth, Let it show..."

Sure.  I *feel* that people who call each other names on the net are wasting
everyone's time.  I know; I've done it before.  You're perfectly welcome to
let it show; just don't let it show here.

You have my permission to return to bashing scientifically anal types who
don't realize that only structured things can be proven by a structured
scientific method, and that there exist unstructured things.

Drewcifer
--
----bi    Andrew D. Simchik					SCHNOPIA!
\ ----    as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu				TreeWater