Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Magic 109 special ed

From: jondr@sco.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 93 10:36:05 PST
Subject: Re: Magic 109 special ed
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: jondr@sco.com

jorn continues his insane tirade:

>I've been trying to build a defense-of-ESP out of next-to-nothing,

why bother?  it must be awfully tiring for you.

>which I see as an *extremely honorable* enterprise,

it seems like a grand waste of time to me.  do you enjoy being made a
fool of in front of thousands of people on a daily basis?  if so, more
power to you.

>and I've been subjected
>to an insane barrage of abuse from people who imagine they're being
>"scientific" by trying to squelch me!

i don't want to squelch you.  i want you to seriously examine your
proposition and explain the myriad of flaws to the love-hounds
readership.  no, jorn, it is NOT sufficient to say, "i'm treading into
untested grounds here and because it is outside of known science, i
have no need to justify it other than by repeating it over and over ad
nauseum until my foes get tired of typing follow-up articles."

larry spence is doing an admirable job at presenting the questions i
would ask minus the vitriol.  you could at least answer *his*
questions nicely while spewing your reeking piss-prose all over me.

>Why are you directing this to me, rather than to Drukman & company, who
>blatantly tried to impose their views on me, by flaming me for presenting
>*my* views?  You've got *zero* perspective, kid.

jorn, you don't have to believe what i believe.  i honestly don't care
and i think i might even PREFER it if you stay out of my belief
system.  i just want to you to look at what *you* believe and admit
that it makes no sense.

>Briefly, then and now, I stand for kindness to those who intend kindness, and
>full-flamed self-defense against folks who don't.

you also stand for half-baked theories that you have no desire to
defend against even the lightest critical scrutiny.  why even bother
posting something like that in love-hounds if you don't intend to
discuss it like an intelligent human?  i repeat, saying "it's a
spiritual thing that you idiot materialists won't understand" is NOT
an argument.

>No, you d*mb f*ck, my freedom and rights involve presenting an argument and
>being treated with respect.

when you start acting in a manner deserving of respect, you'll get it.

>Jonni, here's a clue: your shit gets so ugly because you're insensitive of
>others feelings.  Have at least a half a heart, things will *have* to get
>better.  (Ahhh, I feel the *70s* comin' on... ;^)

jorn, you are so woefully ignorant of my life outside of what you see
on a computer screen.  it would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic.
separate the electronic persona from the person behind it, if you can.
i don't think you can.  but don't worry - a lot of truly stupid people
have that problem, you know.  it's like telling IED from Andrew
Marvick.  you can do it, jorn.  i BELIEVE in you.  come on, give it
the ole college try...

--
Jon Drukman (an emulsifier)                                       jondr@sco.com
Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.