Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Magic 104 the empathic channel

From: mojzes@tiger.vill.edu (brni)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 04:15:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Magic 104 the empathic channel
Expires: Tue, 30 Mar 1993 05:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@vu-vlsi.ee.vill.edu

In article <m0ndq3p-000ilXC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

>   I was the original target of this nonsensical series of posts and
>wish to have nothing to do with it. Jorn has no idea what my personal
>philosophy is, but to call me "materialistic" is unfair.

um, i think that the term "materialistic" is generally used to denote
someone who is interested in the possession of things, the accumulation
of capital, etc.  i think that the term that whoever said this first
meant to use was "materialism" or "materialist," which means that one
believes that the things that exist are tangible objects, or "matter."
Marx was a materialist.

>   Jorns entire thesis is far too silly to even consider discussing.
>
>   It seems that we have found something even *more* pointless, inane,
>and less relevant to Kate Bush than "Doug's Red Chair."
>
>                                    Chris Williams

not only is it pointless and non-kate relevent, but it is getting rather
nasty.  is it possible for those who continue this discussion  to do
so in a more polite way?

best
brni