Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket-Man CD Single

From: "Michael Blackmore" <MICHAELB@ksgrsch.harvard.edu>
Date: 29 Mar 93 16:31:19 EST
Subject: Rocket-Man CD Single
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I just bought the Rocket-Man CD Single (I already had the song from
the Two Rooms CD, but wanted Candle in the Wind and, of course, to
complete the general sense of Kateness in my collection).  I forget
who said it, but I have to agree that Kate's cover of Candle in the
Wind is not up to parr.  Her cover of Rocketman, I love!  But CITW
does have the sound of just being put together.  (For any mortal
singer, it would be wonderful, but one expects more from the
KATENESS).

Who's actually heard her song from the sound-track of Brazil?  How
does it rank/hold up?  I'll end up buying it, naturally, but the
speed of my purchase will vary according to others opinions of it!

    - Michael B.

               "I have seen you walking in the rain,
              and I want to know why you were crying.
                   Baby let me fix what's wrong."