Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: music in Herzog's NOSFERATU

From: Jan-Olov.Agren@lu.erisoft.se (Jan-Olov ]gren)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 10:41:43 GMT
Subject: Re: music in Herzog's NOSFERATU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lu.erisoft.se (For NNTP posting)

In article XFou1B1w165w@netlink.cts.com, lionhart@netlink.cts.COM (Jackie Zucconi) writes:
>Let's see if memory serves me right here. herzog's version of Nosferatu
>came out first. kate liked the music so mush she adopted that style for
>Hello Earth. From what I remember she identified the original music as
>being Czechoslovakian. Hmm, I think she also said it was related to the
>Church...Eastern Orthodox music...I have to go back to the interview....
>I don't think there's a formal connection between Kate and Mr. Herzog,
>it's just that she liked the music and used it so she thanked him.

Sounds slightly strange to me. Czechoslovakia is almost exclusively Catholic and
shows little influence of the Orthodox church. And as far as I know, there is no
such Eastern (or Western) Orthodox music (or church). There're the Greek, Russian,
Serbian and possibly others Orthodox Churches but no Eastern. Yes, please do go
back to the interview. It would be interesting.

Regards,

Jan-Olov

  Jan-Olov Agren    Home:    +46 920-118 26   | The problem with this
  Erisoft AB        Company: +46 920-427 00   | world is that the stu-
  Box 10033         Direct:  +46 920-427 47   | pid are so sure and the
  S-951 10 LULEA    Fax:     +46 920-975 45   | wise so full of doubts
  SWEDEN	    E-mail:  Jan-Olov.Agren@  |
			     lu.erisoft.se    |         Bertrand Russell