Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (no subject given!)

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 93 22:20 CST
Subject: Re: (no subject given!)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>In article <930318205223_555063.0_BHD19-2@CompuServe.COM> MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:
>>David Gates writes a music column about Willie Nelson's upcoming
>>album and mentions that Willie covers some PG songs, including
>>DGU.  Sinead sings Kate's part, but producer Don Was (not realizing
>>how ignorant he sounds) originally thought kate was Dolly Parton
>>(in that song).
>
>Ha ha ha, that's a good one. But shouldn't we wait until April 1 for
>this kind of stuff?
>
>:) Susan

   Actually it could be considered an obscure joke. Dolly Parton was
Peter's first choice to sing that duet. Really. It was written with
Dolly in mind. This fact was mentioned in an article in "Musician."

   As silly as she may seem now, Dolly Parton can be a very good
songwriter and singer.

                           Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu

"It is by their obscure factiods, shall the old farts be known."