Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Keys, Locks and the Dreaming

From: s0499528@let.rug.nl (R. Dijkhuis)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1993 13:18:31 GMT
Subject: Keys, Locks and the Dreaming
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@let.rug.nl (news manager)

There have been a number of very enlightening postings about separate songs
on the Dreaming. But I've noticed that there are a lot of lyrical
threads running through the album as a whole, most importantly the locking
up/ opening locks symbolism. Lots of things involving locks, keys, people
locking themselves up etcetera. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Off the top of my head I can think of Leave it Open, Houdini, Get Out of My
House...

Reinder