Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

San Francisco Katestuff and 1st rumblings of KATEMAS...!

From: Mark Kraft <bullroar@west.darkside.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 93 07:31:27 PST
Subject: San Francisco Katestuff and 1st rumblings of KATEMAS...!
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Comments: Artichoke King '92

Two pieces of useful info for you out there...

New bbs listing in Microtimes :
Swizzle Stick BBS - Macintosh
(415) 589-4404   1200-14.4K BPS
2 lines, Kate Bush and foriegn
travel. 100 msg areas, 600 MB
Mac files. Fidonet 1:125/110

Have any of you called this? Who is the sysop there and is he aware of
us, and most importantly to me, does he know about Katemas gatherrings?
Maybe one of you can let me know about this bbs, since I have an ancient
computer here and would like to both see this board succeed if it is out
to be a KateBBS and also tie it in with our activities. Start uploading
those KateGIF's, I guess!

In addition, I talked to a fair amount of the local Kate fans here before
about what I thought would be great to see happen in Katemas `93 and it
seems to me to be a good time to start rolling the ball...  I can
postulate that of course there will be a Katemas this year, and that it
will probably be on Saturday, July 31st... but as to more than that, I'd
like to leave open, since I want to coordinate with other Katefans
around here and make the event bigger and better still, and hopefully
have the event in a location that would be more public, more accessable,
etc. Last year, things were last minute and rushed, giving us only about
3 weeks notice as to the details of location and date... This year,
however, I'd like to ask those of you who want to attend and participate
to help us all out a bit and step forward with any help & advice you can,
and specifically, I'd like to have a few volunteers, your RSVP's and any
changes that have happenned with your mailing address, e-mail address and
phone #'s, and also information on other Kate Bush fans out there that
would like to attend...

I request the following -

People with large collections of KateStuff
Anyone interested in planning the details of the event.
Someone who is able to design flyers, mailers, and a press release.
Anyone that has ideas as to what public location we can have the event.
Someone(s) who know the zines, the bbs', etc. and who can notify them of
the event when the details are solid.
Anyone who can take care of promotion of the event through flyers, etc.
in the North or East bay area.
Anyone who can or wants to make an imput!

All for now  -  respond to this message or feel free to call at (408)
287-9530.  Thanks! -
Mark Kraft