Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: mtt@alaska.et.byu.edu (Dave Stirling)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 93 21:19:49 -0700
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
>From: mtt@news.byu.edu (Dave Stirling)
Subject: Re: Bel Canto?
MessageID: <C2xqp1.D9x@news.byu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1993 04:19:49 GMT
XNewsreader: TIN [version 1.1 PL8]

Ed Dambik (dambik@fnalo.fnal.gov) wrote:

: Someone on alt.music.alternative recently made the claim that
: Bel Canto sounds like a cross between Kate and Cocteau Twins.
: Sounds like a marriage made in Heaven (or Las Vegas!). Any
: comments? Albums worth looking for?

: P.S.  When is Nirvana going to do a Tori Amos tune???

Hmmm... I'd say that Bel Canto resembles Cocteau Twins more than Kate,
but that's pushing it.  They have the same basic setup as Cocteau
Twins  good female vocalist, lots of guitar... but the style is
different.  I'd recommend getting all 3 of their albums (especially
"White Out Conditions" if you can find it.  I had a hard time, found
it in a used CDstore by chance...)  If you're interested, try these:

 White Out Conditions
 Birds of Passage (my personal favorite)
 Shimmering, Warm and Bright

The first two resemble eachother more closely than the third, but
they're all excellent.

Dave Stirling		(email:mtt@alaska.et.byu.edu)
	  ...standard disclaimers apply...

Dave Stirling (email: mtt@alaska.byu.edu)