Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.28

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 93 16:13:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.28
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

rjc sez:

>	I said `out' meaning he'd caved in.
>
>	I added `and probably shake it all about' as a comment on
>		caved-in politicians who use real issues
>		as political footballs to score brownie points.

Bzzt.  Please play again.

Vickie said "Gays in the military -- in" to which you added "(out, shake
it all about)"

You said nothing more, and you gave no context in which the readers
of r.m.g/Love-Hounds could interpret it.  The fact that many people
*did* see it as a bigoted and uncalled for remark says a hell of a lot
more about *your* writing skills and ability for clarity than it does
for *our* reading comprehension.

>Now, can we please get our reading level above `retared three year
>old'?

My, my, we *are* self important, aren't we?  You seem to have a talent
for shifting responsibility.

>Fer Kate's sake, no wonder we can't agree on an interpretation
>for ``Get Out of My House''...

The idea of comparing the lack of clarity in your writing to KaTe's
penchant for writing about subjects with multiple interpretations is
a laugh.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka        | "Fairies are the perfect people to do this        |
|(suffering Bad Grammar) |  sort of work.  Biologically, their upper         |