Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.28

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 93 22:16:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #9.28
To: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <9302070751.AA12078@pilot.njin.net>, Vickie Mapes (vm) writes:

vm> !!!!! Somehow I missed this when it first appeared. I agree, bigotry
vm> does not do love-hounds proud, so I too hope it was a joke.

It wasn't, it was also not sarcasm, it was also, not bigoted. Let's
break this down for those who were up to late last night:

	Vickie says `gays in the military in' meaning that the
		Clintbod might be doing something useful.

	I said `out' meaning he'd caved in.

	I added `and probably shake it all about' as a comment on
		caved-in politicians who use real issues
		as political footballs to score brownie points.

Now, can we please get our reading level above `retared three year
old'?  Fer Kate's sake, no wonder we can't agree on an interpretation
for ``Get Out of My House''...

Sheesh!

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_