Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Can I cry now?

From: Chris Conlon <conlonc@mail.tva.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 93 12:43:38 EST
Subject: Can I cry now?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi everybody!

vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>>Vickie, I was disappointed to find I can't pick up WZRD. 100 watts!

>Bummer. Only about 5 people listen to it anyway...:-(

>> What's your play list like?

>Off the top of my head, not in alphabetical order:

>Kate Bush, Jane Siberry, Happy Rhodes, Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan,
>Eddi Reader, Victoria Williams, Sheila Chandra, Capercaillie,
>Shelleyan Orphan, Single Gun Theory, Caterwaul, Psychowelders,
>Loreena McKennit, Iris De Ment, Toni Childs, The Shakers, 10,000
>Maniacs, Grace Darling, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Bel Canto,
>Carmel, Love Spirals Downward, The Sundays, Lush, Julia Fordham,
>Mary Margaret O'Hara, Suzanne Vega, Eleftheria, Elli Paspala, Haris,
>Barbara Gosza, Ulla Meinecke, Alice, Downy Mildew, Dalbello, Neneh
>Cherry, Arson Garden, Maestro Subgum & the Whole, Pamela Golden,
>Heidi Berry, Mary Coughlin, kd lang, Area, Shona Laing, All About Eve,
>June Tabor, Clannad, Steeleye Span, Peacock Palace, Rainbirds, Zap Mama,
>Astrid Hadad, Tish Hinojosa, Danielle Dax, Lene Lovich, Diamanda Galas,
>Anna Domino, Anna Palm, Anne Pigalle, Hex, Creatures, Siouxie & the
>Banshees, Moon Seven Times, Michelle Shocked, Macalla, Sandy Denny,
>Enya, blackgirls, Kirsty MacColl, Sylvia Woods, Maddy Prior, Marianne
>Faithful, Nico, Deux Filles, Collection: D'arnel~Andrea, Maire Brennan,
>Ingrid Karklins, Caitlin Von Schmidt, Big Hat, Exene Cervenka, Myra
>Holder, Mouth Music, Waterlillies, Marta Sebestyen & Muzikas, P.J
>Harvey, Fernanda Maria, Mercedes Sosa, Hetch Hetchy, The Sundays,
>Everything But the Girl, Concrete Blonde, Lida Husik, Chaba Zahouania,
>Adult Net, Aster Aweke, Josephine Baker, Edith Piaf, This Mortal Coil,
>Grace Jones, Asha Boshle, The HeartThrobs, Julee Cruise, Najma, Sally
>Oldfield, Cranes, Meryn Cadell, Hugo Largo, Loey Nelson, Toyah, Ana
>Christensen, Mari Boine Persen, Christine Lavin, Sonya Hunter, Brenda
>Kahn, Lisa Germano, Miranda Sex Garden, Fairground Attraction, Shawn
>Colvin, Laurie Anderson, Virginia Astly, Iva Bittova, Roches, Gabrielle
>Roth, Nona Hendryx, Becky Hobbs, Indigo Girls, Penelope Houston, Dagmar
>Krause, Wendy MaHarry, Lotte Lenya, Lava Hay, Sam Phillips, Mathilde
>Santing, Yma Sumac, Throwing Muses, Robin Holcomb, Tom Tom Club,
>Shoba Gurtu, Sugarcubes, The Telling, Innocence Mission, Sonny Southon,
>Anita Lane, M'bilia Bel, Sona Diabate, Stella Cheweshe, Beautiful Pea
>Green Boat, Dark Orange, Rickie Lee Jones, Banderas, Annie Lennox,
>Kerri Anderson, Kimberly M'Carver, Kristen Vigard, Cindy Lee Berryhill,
>Agnes Buen Garnas, Annette Peacock, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, Wendy Wall,
>Jevetta Steele, Tanita Tikaram, Bessie Smith, Voice of the Beehive,
>Barbara Gaskin, Nina Hagen, Sonya Robinson, Gong, Blake Babies, Le
>Mystere des voix Bulgares, Trio Bulgarka, Fetchin Bones, Maura O'Connell,
>Laurie Freelove, Queen Ida, Queen Latifah, Dee Lite, Amanda McBroom,
>Mariam Mekeba, The Shaggs, Akiko Yano, West India Company, Nina Simone,
> [...]

Are you trying to make me move to Chicago? Any plans to have your shows
broadcast in MD? :)  Wow!

Tori & Natalie Merchant & Sarah McLachlan & Maire Brennan & Diamanda Galas
& Siouxsie & Juliana Hatfield & Liz Fraser & Harriet Wheeler & Emma Anderson &
Johnette Napolitano & Miranda Sex Garden & Cranes & Julee Cruise &&&&&&

I give up. Pardon me while I pass out, overwhelmed...

Ok, thanks. Do you play: L7, Curve, (The) Breeders, My Bloody Valentine or
lulabox?

Do you think if I put up a *really big* antenna I could get WZRD in MD?
Down here the most to-my-liking station I've found is WHFS, which is nice,
but a long way off of your format.

(I'm not trying to slag off MD/DC/VA stations, I just haven't heard any that
sounded like WZRD. If anyone knows of one, please tell me. I'd like to find
one.)

And congratulations on your soon-anniversary.

  --Chris

P.S. - I'm faxing your playlist to WHFS with a polite suggestion that they
  borrow a clue.

---
    "Shut your eyes
     Let's hold hands