Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Odds & Sods comment

From: robh@cyberspace.org (Robert Henderson)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 01:01:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Odds & Sods comment
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1jq44bINNsdg@pandora.sdsu.edu> dlangs%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford) writes:
>I noticed while perusing through the winter issue of Homeground the comments
>about the cancelled pre-Christmas release of the boxed set b-sides CDs.

Yes, I'd been wondering about this...

>Apparently EMI were thinking about it but after consulting with HG staff
>cancelled the idea because HG felt such a release, while being welcomed
>by many, would anger those who bought the box solely for the "odds & sods"
>CDs.

AAAAAAAAAAAH!  NO NO NO NO NO!  I could actually have HAD those songs
on CD, and now they won't release to spare someone's feelings?!?

>After all, how much do people spend on CDs a month?  Spread $150 out over
>a few months and I bet that it compares favorably with most people's
>CD spending habits.  A few months of discipline should make it afforable to
>all with CD players.  As we all know, it's not the cost of the player that
>is expensive - its the cost of feeding it!

Seriously?  I spend about $10 on CDs every other month.  At that rate,
it'd take, let's see, two and a half years of not buying any other CDs.
Only a year and a half if I sold my other KaTe CDs.  Great.

Is there someone I can write to about getting "Odds and Sods" released
anyway?  EMI-UK, Columbia, somebody?  Anybody?

Rob Henderson, the manic yet impoverished KateFan
--
RobH (or Rob Henderson, if you prefer) / robh@grex.cyberspace.org
Take my shoes off and throw them in the lake...  (Kate Bush)