Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Roy Harper's Personal

From: Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 16:48:34 -0800
Subject: Roy Harper's Personal
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: fmcquarr@sfu.ca

**ONLY TANGENTIALLY RELATED TO KATE**BE WARNED**

I'm just getting around to reading the December issue of Q, and in it there
is a full-page ad for Roy Harper's British tour. According to a story in
the selfsame issue, Roy H.'s wife has just left him for Nigel Kennedy -
how's that for a Kate-related coincidence, eh?

The ad consists of tour dates plus the following, which I'm posting because
I thought it was so nice.

ELIGIBLE MAN AVAILABLE

Carrying no baggage. Very loving. Lots of interests. Thinking of taking up
hang-gliding. Fit-ish. Believes that sport breaks down the barriers between
individuals and nations. Very sceptical of 99% of politicians.
Pantheistically inclined sceptic. Into sex, hugs and rock and roll! Likes
eating out but doesn't eat much. Very interested in his work. Dedicated.
Currently spending six months of the year in an idyllic spot in Ireland in
oversized house for one person. Sometimes moody about the state of the
world and himself in it, but is easily cured with a kiss or a smile. Needs
to exercise his laugh a little more than of recent. Perhaps only thirty
years left on the planet, so can't afford to hang about. Seeks like-minded
intelligent lady, 25-ish-40ish, any colour, race, size except obese;
individual, energetic, possibly artistic or technical or both, or neither,
or willing, possibly an 'A' level scientist who can teach me things. A lady
who has 'found' herself and has her own interests and needs her own space,
and fancies becoming some kind of
workmate/soulmate/inspiration/vision/companion (or maybe just good friend)
to working artist in sound. Someone who remembers most of the time but
sometimes forgets. Rewarding relationship on offer for right lady.
Auto-biographies, biographies, cvs, serious replies, and/or photographs to
Roy Harper c/o Awareness Records, 6 Vernon Ave., Raynes Park, London SW20.
Mail marked 'personal' will only be opened by myself.

Good luck to him, I say!
Cheers, Fiona
Fiona McQuarrie
fmcquarr@sfu.ca