Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hammersmith footage

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 93 11:59:31 +0100
Subject: Hammersmith footage
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Chris writes:
>    Keith (Keef) MacMillen directed a large number of videos
>  for Kate and other artists in the early 80s. He did the
>  "Hammersmith" video, and that may have had something to
>  do with Kate's finding another director. Ever wonder
>  *why* a three-hour show was edited down to a one hour
>  tape? Answer:  The taping was screwed up. The stuff on
>  the video was almost all the usable footage. It is a
>  shame that the Hammersmith show was the only one filmed
>  in it entirity. It was tacked onto the very end of the
>  tour, and Kate's voice is noticably weaker than earlier
>  concerts, and her hair, nice looking at the begining of
>  the tour was fried by the H-O show.

So the rest of the Hammersmith footage is screwed up? I thought
that (some of) the rest of it was shown at one of the conventions?
Or do you say 'screwed up' due to these bits that were shown?
Or are these bits the rest of the usable footage?

Just trying not to think of something like 'Mother stands...',

Uli