Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Scuse me (Re:Happy Rhodes Review)

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Scorpii)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 93 17:40:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Scuse me (Re:Happy Rhodes Review)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <s0499528.92.0@let.rug.nl> s0499528@let.rug.nl (R. Dijkhuis) writes:

>SCHNOPIC???????

>Reinder

Schnopia.  A philosophy I created, synthesizing bits and pieces from here
and there, which is spreading slowly but surely.  It's the closest I come to
religion.

The Schnopic person (called a Schnope, rhymes with dope; if you are Schnopic
and also a follower of Schnopia then you are a Schnopist) is relaxed,
open-minded, and free-spirited.  Schnopia, in fact, bears strong
resemblances to Taoism, but there are vital differences.

Symbols include the Ankh, because of the idea of immortality through
artistic creation as well as the preservation of organic matter, and the
tree (which has a stylized symbol which resembles a cross where all four
arms are looped).

Don't feel that you should have heard of it; perhaps only a score of people
even know the word, and half that may have a good grasp of the philosophy
itself.

Someday I shall write--and perhaps post--a Schnopic Verses guide to
achieving high levels of schnopicity.  Until then, know that the Schnopist
loves beauty (outer and inner) as well as naturalness and smooth flow, as
well as freedom from stress.

(Sounds a bit New Age, but it makes me happy.  Sue me!)

Drewcifer
** Andrew David Simchik, registered Scorpio ************* SCHNOPIA! *******
as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu