Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

who's that funky sex machine?

From: Mary.Elisabeth.Whittington@um.cc.umich.edu
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 14:44:28 EST
Subject: who's that funky sex machine?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all --
Since I don't have a spare $200 and I already own all of Kate's CDs, I am not
one of the lucky few to own a box set.  I just borrowed Vols I and II from
a friend (Hi Liam!) though, and they are AMAZING!!!  How have a lived without
them for this long??
"I'm Still Waiting" seems most un-Kate-like for some reason, but I love it.
Does anyone else think it has religious overtones?
I must say I hate the instrumental bit before "Wuthering Heights" on II.  It
sounds like a TV soap opera theme.
"Ken" is certainly the most SURPRISING selection.  What the hell is it,
anyway?  What is the GLC?  When I first heard it I thought it was unforgivably
obnoxious, but I am a little ashamed to admit that it's growing on me.
These CDs are truly incredible.  KaTe never ceases to amaze me!
Elisabeth