Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Obsession & Kate!

From: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 15:45:24 GMT
Subject: Obsession & Kate!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk

HI LOVEHOUNDS!

 Seems to me to question ones fandom is both stuipid and pointless.
Anyone who enjoys Kates music could be classified as a fan.For
instance I know of someone who loves a certain number of her songs
but then isnt too fussy about others.Is he a TRUE fan? Ofcourse he is
. If you were to ask him Do you like Kate Bush? He is going to say
yeagh I really like her music etc..
    On the other hand the question of obsession may be anwered much
 differently.To believe in something just because Kate does may not
say much for ones intelligence, or perhaps ones sanity for that
matter.I mean I am not suddenly going to change my beliefs and
become a vegetarian just because Kate is one ,nor am I going to
start smoking.Kate and her music has introduced a lot of concepts to
me which I would probably not have thought of before, but I
am certainly not going to be brainwashed by her music.I listen to
her music because I love her music nothing more and a lot of her songs
have a lot meaning for me, but I cannot see myself changing my views
for her. Sorry Kate........

             "Be kind to my mistakes"

                 Allen(u9031227 etc)