Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: lorenmo@microsoft.COM
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 93 17:11:31 PST
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: lorenmo@microsoft.com (Loren Moore)
Subject: Re: KT's birth data
Date: 14 Jan 93 01:11:12 GMT

Now that I have a bit more time, I'd like to respond at length...

In article <m0nBfM1-000ilXC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu> chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu wrote:
>   Not to *FLAME*?!?! Call me closed minded and I'll call that a flame. Take
> responsibility for your actions, rather than "wishing upon the stars." You
> started this.

Yes, I started this. I posed a question related to my beliefs about
astrology, and it's relation to Kate. I admit that these are not popular
beliefs. I merely wanted to know what her birth data was. I did not flame
anyone in my original post, I just asked for the data (to which I still
have not even a hint of). If anybody at least knows the mm/dd/yy of her
birth, I would still like to know.

btw, I don't 'wish upon the stars', I merely like to see what they have
to say about me (which is quite significant, when you look at my full chart).

quite impressive Kate background deleted...
>   So, do you think we qualify as "TRUE-KATE-FANS"?

Well, insomuch as a TRUE-KATE-FAN can be, I guess you are. I would have to
define this as 'someone who is quite fanatical about Kate'. I am one myself.

> >   She seems to believe many mystical things. Kate was a major
> > influence upon my own journey into alternative mystical beliefs. Take, for
> > instance, the song 'Strange Phenomena', where she sings "Om mani Padme Hum".

I looked it up again, and it's a Buddhist invocation, meaning (roughly) 'Oh
the Jewel within the Lotus, Amen'. The Lotus being viewed as a sacred flower
and believed to have mystical powers of forgetfulness and bliss.

>    She has explored a great many silly things, astrology being one.
> What her level of belief is, is questionable. She said: "I believe it's
> a very old science..." (this may not be exact. Ron?)

In the song notes for 'Strange Phenomena', she said: "It's all about
coincidences. And there's in fact a school of thought about that called,
well it's Synchronicity". This is Carl Jung's theory. It's one of the
prevailing beliefs as to why Astrology works. The general idea is that
events on earth of a certain nature coincide in time with astronomical
events of a similar nature.

>   Kate believing in something has *nothing* to do with my beliving in that
> thing. Kate may have introduced me to some concepts, but the idea of believing
> in something just because *she* believes it is, at best, pathetic.

I said she was a major influence upon me. I don't see how she could have been
otherwise. I love and respect her music so deeply (and we're talking
intuitively and spiritually here) that I was open to the ideas. Thereafter,
when I was further exposed to astrology, I chose to believe, on my own. All
of this is in light of a previous 'born again' experience which happened
years ago, and was a major wall to overcome. I mention Kate's spiritual
influence because it was just that. It allowed me to see that there is more
to our universe than is seen in our present philosophies. Just another Jewel
in the Lotus, if I may.

I don't intend to preach. I usually don't like to preach. A man will believe
what he wishes to believe, and nothing else. Synergize this with my beliefs
on Existentialism. The two don't seem to mesh at all. And yet, I can see
a territory to explore. My beliefs are my own, and they are unfinished. Take
all of this in light of my being a Sagittarius (philosophy, student, gypsy).
Anyway, it makes sense to me. You will believe what you wish. But, until
you study it indepth (and I'm not talking the newspaper, pop-astrology, which
has given it a bad name), don't judge it. Have you ever had your chart read
by a reputable astrologist?

>   I have infinite respect for Kate as an artist, but Kate Bush is *not* known
> as a philosopher.

Maybe not. But, I know she touches me in ways that no mere mortal can. And
that's true for Jane Siberry, Peter Gabriel, Tear Garden, Samuel R. Delany,
George MacDonald. All have been influences of their own. In some way, I hope
I can repay this vast spiritual energy by giving back of my own.

> > Just the fact that she's a Leo is significant (roars forth like a
> > lion; needs to be on stage).
>
>   Uh...how many Kate interviews have you seen? You would be hard-pressed
> to find a quieter, more self-effacing person at her level of fame.
>
>    Uh...are you aware *how* long it has been since she has fulfilled this
> burning need to be on stage? She hasn't toured in over a decade.

Leo's are the hardest type I've had to recognize. Some of them are downright
pushy. Many of them are excitable. All of them are interesting, in one way
or another, to me (probably because of the fire in me). But they can be
difficult to figure out. This is part of what I could learn from studying her
chart. For instance, maybe she has a Virgo Ascendant, which would tend to
make her shy, and reserved, to other people. But this info can't be
ascertained unless you know the hour/minute of her birth. On the other hand,
you CAN still tell quite alot about a person if you merely know the day.
PLEASE, that was what I wanted in the first place. Anyone? Anyone?

> > but hey, thanks for playing! and for being such a good sport, your concession
> > prize is: The complete works of Barry Manilow (volumes 1-10).
>
>   Prat.

So, now you're calling me a buttocks?
Oh well.

> > daemien