Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Miranda Sex Garden

From: shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Man in Polyester Suit)
Date: 12 Jan 93 02:42:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Miranda Sex Garden
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.oz.au@munnari.OZ.AU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Chris Conlon (conlonc@mail.tva.com) wrote:

: Well, there's at least *one* Miranda Sex Garden fan out here. Any
: others yet? If there are, what do you think of their different
: material? I first got the _Gush_Forth_my_Tears_ CD single with the
: "dance" remixes, which I really love. Then I got _Madra_, and I like
: that a lot too. I don't have _Iris_ yet; can anyone tell me what it's
: like?

I found the Iris EP very disappointing.  The inclusion of a couple of
instruments made it sound more like a second rate Steeleye Span than
anything in the IMHO more interesting Dead Can Dance vein that they had
hitherto been exploring.

But we are all subject to mood swings.

-Shaun

--
    -----        "Baby's on fire, better throw her in the water
    \ = /---      Look at her laughing, like a heifer to the slaughter