Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Introduction

From: Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 93 12:12:35 -0800
Subject: The Introduction
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: fmcquarr@sfu.ca

Re the discussion on how or how not to introduce people to Kate Bush:

Admittedly "The Dreaming" may not be the best place to start, but take into
consideration the musical tastes of those you are attempting to
indoctrinate.
Yesterday I was driving around with our local "modern music" station on the
radio (alternative, techno, rave, etc.) and who should pop up in the middle
of the set but Ms. Kate and 'The Dreaming' (song). I was most delighted to
hear
that it fit right in and sounded extremely contemporary, with the throaty
vocal, bashing syndrums, orchestral swoops...another example of how Ms.
Kate is ahead of her time!

So if the person you are trying to convert likes "modern music"/alternative
stuff, try hitting 'em with The Dreaming at full volume. It just might
work.

Cheers, Fiona
Fiona McQuarrie
fmcquarr@sfu.ca