Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stange Phenomena?

From: andrewh@rosemount.com (Andrew Holtum)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1993 21:11:52 GMT
Subject: Stange Phenomena?
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rosevax.rosemount.com (USENET News administrator)

Hi.  I just thought I would share some curious Kate-related "synchronicities"
that hit me in the last few weeks.

I am a relatively green Kate fan having discovered this news group in November
and subsequently buying my first album (The Dreaming) shortly thereafter.
I eventually ftp'd copies of The Garden text files and started reading them.
During the first week I had the files, I had just started to read one of
the articles when I heard "Rocket Man" being sung by Elton John over the
Muzak speaker.  Rosemount has a policy of broadcasting Muzak during the weeks
preceding the holidays.  This year, it featured a bizarre mixture of "easy
listening" hits and Christmas songs (all original recordings).  Anyway, I had
just read the day before about the significance of that song.  I had not heard
that song for a number of years and have not heard it since.  Well, I was
amused.

Christmas came and I received three more Kate albums (well, everyone asked me
what I wanted!): The Kick Inside; Never For Ever; and Hounds of Love.  Later,
over New Years, we rented a couple of videos for the family and during the
trip to return them, I thought I would pick up another album since our video
store was also a music store.  I saw that their were lots of copies of
"Lionheart" in the rack- in fact more than any other of Kate's albums.  So I
grabbed a copy (it was also the only thing they had in stock that I didn't
have) and started up to the counter.  While reading the list of song
titles I was surprised to see the title of "In Search of Peter Pan".  One of
the movies I had just returned was "Hook"!

That same evening after I returned home I was sitting, watching TV when an
ad for an upcoming film (or TV program?) came on that caught my attention.
I'm not really sure _what_ it was for because I was so stunned when the
word LIONHEART flashed across the screen in bold letters!  I don't remember
a thing about the commercial except the name LIONHEART.  I hope I see it
again so I can confirm it and my sanity.

Anyway, that's the end of my story (for now?).

Andrew Holtum