Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Here's Christmas

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 92 13:10:24 +0100
Subject: Here's Christmas
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

UGH!

And if I only could, I'd make a deal with anyone!

Someone wanting to exchange the 'Here is Christmas' CD for the REAL
important Christmas sampler?

- The 'December Will Be Magic Again' sounds pretty ordinary (sorry to take
  such a word into my fingers when talking about Kate) to my ears. No Bongo
  version, or are the differences so subtle?
- Besides 'December' there is only one usable track on the 16 track CD, and
  that's the second Paul McCartney song there: Once Upon A Long Ago

I know that 'usable' is pretty globally stated here, but I think it is
justified. IMHO only one further song doesn't make me to use the skip key
on the player, and that's 'It Must Have Been Love' by Roxette, but then
this one is the title exactly before 'December...'. So it really hasn't
any chance to survive.

Note: There is only one True Christmas sampler out there*), and I
haven't got it.

:-(((

Uli

*) Ok, there's Loreena McKennitts 'To Drive The Cold Winter Away', but that
is not a SAMPLER, it's a normal album.
P.S.: I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year now since
I am off the net for two weeks. If you want to reach me before that,
you might send something to torsten@acryl.robin.de - just convince
Torsten he should tell me about it.