Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mail ordering Sarah Stuff

From: Richard Moynes <MOYNES_R%PCSDEV.dnet@eismv3.dofasco.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1992 18:35:37 EST
Subject: Mail ordering Sarah Stuff
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

  Just a correction to the Sarah McLachlan Nettwerk catalog numbers woj posted
a few weeks ago.  The CD single for Vox (ext remix) / Vox (inst dub) / Into the
Fire (ext remix) is W2-3070 and not W2-3023.  There is no W2-3023 in the
catalog I received but there is a W1-3023 which is the 12" vinyl single for Vox.
If you're not sure about the numbers, just list the song titles you want.  I
had ordered W2-3023 along with the other singles I wanted and their mail order
dept assumed I knew the right numbers (although I warned them they may be
wrong) so they made up an invoice with the numbers I gave them.  The invoice
went to the shipping people who realized that there is no W2-3023 so they
ended up shipping W2-3063, the single for Into the Fire / Sad Clown (CBC) /
Black (CBC) and of course this was the one single I already had.  Also, anyone
thinking of placing an order is advised to make it clear that you want your CDs
shipped in a sturdy box.  Mine showed up in a bubble envelope and 3 out of the
4 had their jewel cases crunched by Canada Post (anyone care to guess which
one arrived intact???  I'll give you a hint: as of noon today, it's on it's way
back to Vancouver).  Canadian customers have the option of getting it sent COD
for only $3 more and that way you can refuse it if you don't like the looks of
the packaging.

  This all sounds pretty negative, so now for the good news:

- It was only 2-1/2 weeks after mailing in my order that I had the CDs in my
  hot little hands.

- They forgot to charge me GST!!!

- I made an excellent 90 minute tape with the Live EP, songs from CBC's Hot
  Ticket not on the EP and the live/alternate versions from the singles.

- It was worth all this hassle and more just to hear Gloomy Sunday.  Brrrrr!!!
  I get chills just thinking about it.

--

Richard Moynes                             Not speaking for
moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca                    Dofasco Inc., Hamilton, Ont.