Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Balanescu and Kate

From: meth@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 92 20:46:56 EST
Subject: Balanescu and Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Just saw Chris' mention of the Balanescu album and its accompanying Kraftwerk
covers.  A few weeks ago I was doing some stuff down at the radio station,
and the music director was listening to random CDs.  One of them was this
bizarre symphonic rendition of "Pocket Calculator" (the original version of
which is the first thing I ever heard on "alternative" radio, but that's
another story), which I thought was great, but I didn't get a chance to check
out who did it.  Now I know.

I won't get back down to the station for another two weeks, but when I do
I'll check the CD out and report on any KaTe oKKurences, if any- unless
someone else beats me to it.

Thanks for solving the mystery, Chris!  :)

Meredith Tarr
meth@aol.com (mail o' the snails)