Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Here is Christmas

From: "N. Richard Caldwell" <nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 15 Dec 1992 23:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Here is Christmas
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

uli@intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de (Ulrich Grepel),
in article <9212151456.AA21400@kino.intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de>
writes:

>Today I found the re-issue of the EMI compilation with all those Christmas
> songs including Kate's bongo-version of December will be magic again.
> The CD itself is contained in a digipack that folds out into all four
> directions.
>
> Anyway, for those who want to order it somewhere:
>
> 'Here is Christmas' by EMI, order number is 0777 7 98054 2 6
>
> An interesting thing is the following:
> the digipack has the following letters at the bottom:
> (p) 1991 The copyright in this compilation is owned by EMI Records Ltd.
> (c) 1992 EMI Records Ltd.
>
> I thought that the CD was a little bit older, or is this a completely
> different item?

This is something different.  The original compilation was called _It's
Christmas_, and was catalog number CD EMTV 49.  Both copyrights were 1989
and the CD was in a jewel case, not a digipack.  The original had 18
tracks, starting with John & Yoko, _Happy Xmas (War is Over)_ and ending
with Bing Crosby, _White Christmas_.  _December Will Be Magic Again_ is
track number 9 on the original.  The bongo version may well have been used
on the first compilation by mistake, so you should definitely check to see
which version this release contains.