Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm Looking At.....

From: Fiona_McQuarrie@sfu.ca
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 12:41:40 -0800
Subject: I'm Looking At.....
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: fmcquarr@sfu.ca

The impression I always got from "The Big Sky" was of the singer sitting on
a hill, looking at the clouds, etc., and enjoying them, while thinking of
the
inadequacy of the people in her life. I.e. the clouds and sky were
beautiful,
didn't make demands on her, and were just there to be enjoyed, while
people,
well, "never understood..they never really tried.."

I don't think this is out of the line with the quote Ron Hill posted, but
I'd sure like to know what part of the song is about things to come....

Fiona McQuarrie
fmcquarr@sfu.ca
Fiona McQuarrie, University of Alberta
fmcquarr@sfu.ca